Play pickleball at the K-W Badminton Club! Now offered Monday – Friday from 11:30am to 3pm and Saturdays 7:30 – 10:30 pm.
Pickleball is one of North America’s fastest growing sports, and while very popular with seniors, it is a great sport for all age groups. Want to learn more about pickleball? Click here to go to the K-W Pickleball Association (KWPA) web site for details.
Our facility offers:
- A dedicated indoor facility built expressly for badminton (and of course ideal for Pickleball)
- 6 wood gym floor courts
- Men’s and Ladies’ change rooms with lockers and showers
- Main floor and upstairs lounge with small kitchen off upstairs lounge
- Available 52 weeks of the year
- Pickleball paddles available to borrow for trial participants ( paddles also available as demos if you would like to purchase one)
Questions? Contact Patricia Archambault; President of KWPA at firstname.lastname@example.org
The K-W Badminton Club is a non-profit organization located at 69 Agnes St. in Kitchener (formerly the Granite Club). The club has played badminton at this location for over 80 years. The club purchased the building in November 2013, and is actively renovating the remainder of the facility to introduce new sports and organizations, creating the K-W Multi-Sport Centre.
The KWPA has been running within the K-W Region for five years. We are a non-profit organization helping cities and clubs within the region to grow. We offer our expertise in coaching all levels of pickleball, set/up and running tournaments as well as starting your own pickleball club.
Always check the online calendar: http://www.kwbadminton.com/calendar/ before coming into the club as sometimes there are tournaments and special events which can effect the daily schedule.
- Free for Badminton club members.
- $5 pay as you play, on arrival (cash or cheque, paid to program administrator). No debit or credit cards.
- Or, discount passes available (see below).
Coupon and pass pricing
- Players without coupons pay $5.00 cash (HST included).
- 10 coupon booklet: $40.00 (HST included).
- 25 coupons: $100.00 (HST included).
- 6 Month pass: $125.00 (HST included). Unlimited pickleball during listed hours.
- Yearly Pass: $200 (HST included). Best Value!!
- Coupons can be purchased at the front desk or from the administrator.
- Purchase is by cash or cheque only (no credit card or debit).
- Valid for one year from purchase.
Current Pickleball Programming
- Mondays (11:30am to 3pm): ideal for beginners and novice players.
- Tuesdays (11:30am to 3pm): recreational open play (all levels).
- Wednesdays (11:30am to 3pm): targeted at intermediate and advanced players.
- Thursdays (11:30am to 3pm): recreational open play (all levels).
- Fridays (11:30am to 3pm): intermediate and advanced players.
- Saturdays (7:30pm to 10:30pm): Recreational open play (all levels).
Before you come and play
- All players are required to check in with the session administrator on each visit.
- Clean indoor court shoes are required on courts at all times – no exceptions. Do not wear your court shoes outdoors and into the club.
- Players are allowed to play Pickleball during designated times only.
- Players may enter the club 15 minutes prior to designated times and leave 15 minutes after scheduled times.
- Doubles Pickleball play only (no singles).
- Regular Pickleball rules apply: http://pickleball.com/pages/rules-how-to-play-the-game.
- If players need a racquet
- Please exit courts along the near/right wall, passing the end of courts only between active play.
- No physical, verbal or emotional abuse of any kind will be tolerated.
- Players must respect the instructions of the session administrators at all times.
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, administrators will help assign players to games to distribute skill levels and ensure equal access for all guests.
- Wednesdays and Fridays are targeted for intermediate and advanced players (beginners are encouraged to come out on other days).
- At times when we have more players than courts available, administrators will require players to use the sign-up board for court assignment, to ensure fair and equal access to courts. Players may not stay on the courts indefinitely in this case and must adhere to the procedure below.
- The sign-up board is a queue from top to bottom. The next available court goes to the first group in the queue (top), and that cell in the queue is erased.
- Players signing up for a court may play only one game of pickleball, and must come off after that game. Players will limit warm-up time to 5 minutes prior to starting a game.
- When on court, games will be to 11 win by 2 to a maximum of 15. No time limit.
- Administrators may allow players to do drills instead of playing a game at their discretion only, but their court usage is limited to 25 minutes in this case.
- When entering the courts, players will ‘shift’ down when possible, which minimizes movement behind courts still playing.
- Players in the lounge (not those on the court playing or not yet in the facility) may group together as they see fit and place their four first names into the next available cell in the queue.
- Less than four people may write their names in a cell to reserve a court, and work at getting more players to join them prior to the next court becoming available. Players coming off the court may be selected to join a partial group.
- It is possible that a court becomes available and the next signed up group does not have four players yet. On Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays (recreational open play for all levels), our administrators will ask other players to join that group, and a court will be held open for that partial group until they get enough players, even if another foursome lower in the queue is ready and available. This is to ensure all players get equal access to court time and intentionally mixes skill levels.
- On our intermediate and advanced targeted sessions (Wednesdays and Fridays), the next available foursome takes the court and any partial group waits until they can get a full complement for the next available court (i.e. their partial group stays at the top of the queue). This allows players to stay within their own preferred groups or skill levels as they choose.
- At all times, players must respect the session administrator and their instructions. We want everyone to have fun, and have fair and equal access to the courts.
Want to learn how to play pickleball or improve your game? View our professional pickleball coaches and rates here: www.kwbadminton.com/pickleball-coaching/
The K-W Badminton Club is in the news!! CBC and TheRecord talk about “K-W Badminton Club ‘thrilled’ over $13K pickleball grant” http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/kw-badminton-fuding-never-enough-1.3722948 http://www.therecord.com/news-story/6811593-kitchener-badminton-club-gets-13-000-for-youth-pickleball-program/
Calling all Juniors ages 12-17 The KWPA and PCO Nationals Committee are recruiting juniors to compete in the Nationals. Coach Patricia will be coaching any Juniors who are interested in playing Pickleball in the Eastern Nationals July 12, 2015. Coaching will take place every Saturday night starting March 7, from 7:30-9:30pm. Patricia is not charging …
Pickleball coaching now available at the club! We are pleased to announce that in partnership with the Kitchener-Waterloo Pickleball Association (www.kwpickleball.com), we have arranged for paid training programs for pickleball. Check back for the next available training dates. INTERMEDIATE LEVEL COACH: PAUL BEGINNER LEVEL COACH: PATRICIA Cost for these sessions: $15/person, minimum of 4 students required. …